|Term:||Winter Term 2021/22|
|Time and location:||Mi 9-11, INF 205/SR C; Fr 9-11, INF 205/SR C|
|Exam:||to be announced|
This lecture gives an introduction to the numerical solution of partial differential equations with the finite element method:
- Modelling with partial differential equations (PDEs)
- Theory of elliptic PDEs
- Finite element method for elliptic PDEs
- A posteriori error control and adaptive mesh refinement
- Multigrid methods
- Numerical methods for parabolic PDEs
- Numerical methods for first-order hyperbolic PDEs
The course will be given in person in seminar room C every Wednesday and Friday, 9:15 to 10:45. I will write the material on my tablet and record my writing with audio.
Additional resources for the lecture are
- Moodle page where I will upload the lecture videos and other course material. Use of the discussion forum is encouraged as well. Inscription should be possible without key.
- MÜSLI, which is used for the exercise and exam grading.
You can register in MÜSLI