|Term:||Winter Term 2017/18|
|Time and location:||Di 14-16, INF 205/SR B; Do 14-16, INF 205/SR B|
|Exam:||to be announced|
This lecture gives an introduction to the numerical solution of partial differential equations with the finite element method:
- Modelling with partial differential equations (PDEs)
- Theory of elliptic PDEs
- Finite element method for elliptic PDEs
- A posteriori error control and adaptive mesh refinement
- Multigrid methods
- Numerical methods for parabolic PDEs
- Numerical methods for first-order hyperbolic PDEs
On Ubuntu, Debian and related systems, this requires the following packages:
sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake libtool libopenmpi-dev openmpi-bin libsuperlu-dev gfortran libsuitesparse-dev git paraview gmsh
Registration to the excercises works via the MÜSLI system. Please follow the link given here.
The exercises take place in the Computer Pool 3rd Floor, Mathematikon.